SpaceX Starship Test Flight Coming on DOGE Day? Elon Musk Teases Incoming Launch
SpaceX CEO and Dogecoin enthusiast Elon Musk announced on Tuesday that the company is targeting April 20 for a test flight of its Starship rocket.
As it happens, April 20 (4/20) is celebrated by the Dogecoin community as “Doge Day.”
- April 20 was declared Doge Day by the Doge community back in 2021 with an aim of pushing the coin’s value to new highs. April 2021 was when Doge rocketed to new highs around $0.30, before soaring to $0.70 in early May.
- “The team is working around the clock on many issues. Maybe 4/20, maybe not,” tweeted Musk about the launch on Tuesday. The launch was originally scheduled for April 17 before Musk tweeted about a “pressurant valve” being frozen, delaying the takeoff.
- Some in the Dogecoin community, however, think this is part of Musk’s “masterful plan” to launch a rocket on Doge Day.
🚨 HOLD YOUR DOGE 🚨
Starship launch has been moved to April 20th, Doge Day! @dogecoin
Rumor has it that it's all part of @elonmusk 's masterful plan.
Is this his way of celebrating?
— Bitget (@bitgetglobal) April 19, 2023
- “The launch of the biggest rocket on the planet, delayed for the sake of memes, tweeted Dogecoin graphic designer DogeDesigner on Monday “All hail the meme-lord.”
- Dogecoin Foundation member Marshall Hayner also posted a simple “420” possibly referring to Doge Day.
- In 2021, SpaceX helped plan a Dogecoin-funded rocket launch to the moon, further away from Earth’s surface than any other CubeSat had ever reached. The mission was named “DOGE-1”.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.